Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend! Todd and I celebrated our 11th anniversary by going to Kansas City for dinner on Friday night (thanks to Pat & Jeff for keeping the kids)! As most of you know, my favorite restaurant is Olive Garden and that is exactly where we went to dinner and, of course, I enjoyed a Peach Bellini to commemorate the occasion! Todd played in a golf tournament on Sat. and Sun. so I spent the days trying to keep the kids occupied (Brett was so "bored"!) -- I was definitely ready for school this morning! But, the highlight of the weekend was Todd, Brett and I went to the Jayhawks home opener and it was fabulous! There were 52,000+ people there and the atmosphere was incredible! It was horribly hot but once the sun went down it was gorgeous. And, we sit right by our kids Jeff and Kerry and their adorable kids Grant and Kennedy and it was so much fun to get caught up with them! Plus, the nachos, dippin' dots, limeades and pizzas were good, too! Molly has no interest in going to a game unless she only has to stay for he first quarter ("they last too long")! So, she stays home with a favorite babysitter and plays -- it works out great for all of us! And, last but not least, the final score was KU 40, Florida International 10! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!


1 comment:

Meg said...

Wade and I most definilty agree with you, the game atmosphere was amazing. Our season tickets were on the shady side! Woohoo!

May you and Todd have many more occasions to drink Peach Bellini's!